Give the Gift of Knowledge

We have selected amazing books to give as gifts all year long, to populate your home library shelves and to fill those special gift bags. Give the Gift of Knowledge, give a book! You can also read more detailed author interviews at: www.blackpearlsmagazine.com. Share this page on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

Intimate Conversation with Author and Pastor Sheila Pace


Ella: Hello Shelia! Please tell us a little about you and your passion for writing.
My name is Sheila Pace. I am a mother of four and grandmother of seventeen. I have been happily married for nineteen years. Presently I pastor along side of my husband in a small church that was formed after we started a transitional housing center for formerly drug addicted adults that were homeless and needed to regain their place in society. My passion began long ago and until recently I never realized how many others benefited from the sincerity that goes into my writing.

Ella: Please introduce us to your first book. Isn't it exciting?!
My first book The Lord is my Light is about my own struggle to deal with the abuses that had occurred in my life. I was tired of it and had come to the end of myself and thought I had no other option by to take my life. In my despair I picked up a bible and it opened to Psalm 27: which starts out by saying, “The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?” I began to weep and those words gave me the strength to call for help.

Ella: Please finish this sentence for me: I am powerful because...
I am powerful because I am a survivor. All that took place in my life was meant to cause me to end my life. Nevertheless, there was another plan that I wasn’t aware of. There was a plan for good and not evil to give me a future and a hope. All I had to do to receive it was to cry out for help. When I did, help was there immediately. For the Lord promised to be a present help in the time of trouble. Although I didn’t know it at the time, now the Lord is using me in the same way he used the woman I called to be that bridge for hurting women and the hand to help them to cross over into the bosom of God’s love.

Jeremiah 29:13 - And you shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Intimate Chat with Ella Curry of EDC Creations Media Group

Ella: Where are you from?
I am originally from Washington Heights , New York City.

Ella: How did you start your writing journey?
I started my writing journey after being coached to do so by my teacher, going through a great time of devastation.
Ella: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
My book is a true story of verbal abuse, physical abuse and life’s struggle and hope.

Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
I would want a reader to be inspired to preserver though there will be all types of obstacles in their way.

Ella: What is the most surprising thing you have learned in creating books?
I am surprised with how quickly each book took on character and shape.

Ella: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?
The most significant achievement as a writer was to actually see my thoughts in print. Then to have others read it and feel the same release of freedom and healing that I experienced while writing.

Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
My advice to new writers would be to write no matter who tells you that you shouldn’t. There is someone out there that need’s to hear what you have to say.

Contact Information
Name: Minister Sheila Pace
Email: leon.pace@comcast.net
Website: www.forhymn.com
-----------------------------------------------------
Join the Conversation, leave questions or comments below. Each day active bloggers are selected to win free books and prizes, so leave your email address with each post. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below. We appreciate your support, share this post on Facebook and Twitter too. Thanks!