Give the Gift of Knowledge

We have selected amazing books to give as gifts all year long, to populate your home library shelves and to fill those special gift bags. Give the Gift of Knowledge, give a book! You can also read more detailed author interviews at: www.blackpearlsmagazine.com. Share this page on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

Searching for Identity

Since my introduction to the Akan word “Sankofa” I have been both intrigued, excited and empowered. Indeed “We must go back and reclaim our past so we can move forward; so we understand why and how we came to be who we are today.”

Over my many years I have discovered one of the reasons for the daily confusion and stress in our lives is our continual search for identity. Going back to reclaim my past I am led to the book of beginnings Genesis 1:27] “So God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself; male and female he created them.”

In this I discovered that I have been divinely and wonderfully created in the image and likeness of God for his express purpose, and my life, my identity, my worth, my validation, my integrity, all that I am and all that I will ever hope to be is lodged in him.


Blessings,
Pastor Joshua McClure

Author: Almost Persuaded, Now to believe 2008, Can These Bobes Live? 2006,
website: http://www.joshuaamcclure.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below. We appreciate your support, share this post on Facebook and Twitter too. Thanks!