Give the Gift of Knowledge

We have selected amazing books to give as gifts all year long, to populate your home library shelves and to fill those special gift bags. Give the Gift of Knowledge, give a book! You can also read more detailed author interviews at: www.blackpearlsmagazine.com. Share this page on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

Intimate Conversation with Ta’Mara Nicole

Intimate Conversation Interview with author Ta’Mara Nicole and Ella Curry of EDC Creations Media Group

Ta’Mara Nicole, was born, and raised in Flint, Michigan. As soon as she was able to read and write, she discovered the passion that dwelt inside of her. Creative writing, lead her to write, several short stories, random articles in Flint Northern High School’s paper, then off to college where English became her desire. Although, she participated in many organizations, such as the National Society of Black Engineers Jr. (JR. N.S.B.E), Upward Bound, Naval Junior ROTC, and Youth Volunteer Corps, expressing herself through written words had always remained true to her.

Growing up with addicted parents, Ta’Mara soon learned that escaping into her own mind, was the safest, and easiest way to self soothe, and remain optimistic, no matter what she faced. It was that belief, that kept her sane throughout the trials, and tribulations in her life, and encouraged her to make her dreams a reality. Becoming a proud single parent, she realized the strength that it took for women to stay focused, and avoid the distractions that life disguised as an “outlet”.
“Mother May I?” is her very first novel. Throughout this journey, she prays that her readers can learn, relate, and even become inspired by these characters, and the humbling, and sometimes even alarming afflictions that these woman endured. Throughout her career, Ta’Mara, promises to continue to create heart warming, yet realistic experiences from the voices of those who would otherwise go unnoticed. Her dreams are to one day, reach out to a broader audience, in film, and theatrical plays, and to not only be blessed, but to be a blessing to others as well.

Ella: Welcome! We are celebrating Black History for 6 weeks and I would like to include you. Why is celebrating Black History important 365 days a year?
A: In my opinion, I believe that it is important to celebrate Black History, consistently because sadly, until Obama valiantly ran for president, there were few minorities taking bold stands, and leaps of faith concerning our ethnicity to the drastic lengths of vast social movements. There is an old saying which goes as follows; “If you do not learn from history, you’re doomed to repeat it!” Now, I am not suggesting that we will once again be forced into slavery, and civil injustice. Yet the principles that Martin Luther, and Coretta Scott King, Rosa Parks, Malcolm X, and even as far back as Harriet Tubman and Nat Turner, laid there lives on the line for are presently being grossly taken for granted, and will ultimately become only a memory. I believe, that it would greatly benefit this radically self conscience generation, if we would make the time to acknowledge, inquire, seek, and hold fast to the principles, teachings, and most of all the love and selflessness that each one of our hero’s demonstrated for us to be able to enjoy, equality, and education.

Ella: Ta’Mara Nicole, please finish this sentence for me- I am powerful because...
I am powerful because of He who strengthens me...

Ella: Where are you from? How did you start your writing journey?
A: Well, first off I would like to put Flint on the map. Yes, I am a Michigan native. I first began writing short stories, as a child. Loosing myself in my own creativity had become an alternate world for me, and an escape from the disorientation of my childhood reality. “Mother May I?” originated, as I began desperately trying to piece together the broken areas of my life. At that point, I pondered daily over how we, as a younger generation, especially myself, ended up in such a dependent, and violate state. As, I began writing, God, had began to work with me in several areas of my life, and the more he revealed to me, and healed me, my writing became more meaningful, as if it had a life, and purpose of it’s own.

“Mother May I?” is what I would describe as an urban inspirational novel. Considering the fact that it is a fiction narrative, the story from start to finish is based on realistic events, truths, and experiences. I believe that if your looking for a fairy tale, than my book is not for you. However, if you yearn to feel connected, understood, or are looking for answers, helpful advice, or a modern day heart warming tale then Mother May I? is just for you. The heart wrenching struggles between the mothers and their daughters in my story will demand you to take a closer look and examine your own past, present, and future concerning your relationships, with family, friends, and God.

Ella: Ultimately, what do you want your readers to gain from your book?
A: At the end of the day, I want for my readers to understand that God is a turn around God. I purposely began my book by illustrating the generation of our mothers who was outside of God’s will for their life. During which time, they endured season, after season of misfortune, due to drug abuse, and disrespectful, meaningless relationships. The birth of their children, caused the adversity that was passed down as an inheritance to them, which inadvertently initiated damaged, and ego driven replica’s of lives’ they’d sworn not to live. I truly want for people to realize the importance of Jesus Christ’s love for us no matter what we’ve done, or have not done. And that his grace, and mercy is new each morning.

Ella: Would you change anything about your life or writing journey?
A: Honestly, a few years ago, I would have ran down a grocery list worth of things that I would’ve changed in my life. Yet, presently, I can whole heartedly say that there is nothing that I would change. Now, let me explain myself. Of course there are things in my past that I am not proud of, but if I never experienced, endured, struggled, messed up, and survived it all, then how successful would I be on giving a testimony about healing, if I was still hurting, or have never felt pain at all.


Ella: What advice would you give a new author?
A: My advice to a new author would be, to never stop dreaming. People used to tell me that dreamers are fools. But on the contrary, dreamers, who dare to achieve what their minds have envisioned have changed the world.

Ella: Name 3 things that makes a successful author, in your opinion.
A: I personally believe that, a successful author must first have the passion to write. There are times when just the “Writing” aspect of it can become a bit redundant, and tiresome. That’s where your passion for your work will prove to be most helpful. Secondly, dedication, is among the most important. Generally writers don’t get rich over night, meaning, they have to meet other obligations, just to pay the bills. And if your not careful, your passion for writing can become something that frustrates you, instead of an rewarding pass time, mainly because, you can’t seem to find enough hours in a day to sit alone, focus, and be creative. Therefore, dedication is key. And last but not least, I believe beyond the shadow of a doubt that all “Good” writer’s should be dreamers. In this day and age, we all have a story to tell, but it is only those that dare to dream, who will be bold enough to take their story and create an empire from it.


Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
A: Well, you can certainly expect to see me around. I am currently working on my second novel, while remaining faithful that one day a collaboration with Oprah, or Tyler Perry will lead me to the “Silver Screen”! And until then, you can look forward to me appearing where ever I am welcome, to promote my creativity in all forms possible.

Email the author for more information: tamaranicole30@yahoo.com
-----------------------------------------------------
Join the Conversation, leave questions or comments below. Each day active bloggers are selected to win free books and prizes, so leave your email address with each post. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below. We appreciate your support, share this post on Facebook and Twitter too. Thanks!