Give the Gift of Knowledge

We have selected amazing books to give as gifts all year long, to populate your home library shelves and to fill those special gift bags. Give the Gift of Knowledge, give a book! You can also read more detailed author interviews at: www.blackpearlsmagazine.com. Share this page on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

Intimate Conversation with author Nikki Nicole

Intimate Conversation Interview with author Nikki Nicole

Nikki Nicole is a published freelance journalist and author living in San Diego , California , with her family. She is currently working on the sequel to A Little Bit of Sin. Her writing resume includes staff writer at two local newspapers, publication in magazines such as American Cheerleader, Jr., Fire Magazine, Indie Street Entertainment and the poem My Grandma Would…featured in the second anthology from Gumbo For the Soul The Recipe for Literacy in the Black Community series: Here’s Our Child-Where’s the Village?

Ella: Nikki please introduce us to your new book, A Little Bit of Sin.
A Little Bit of Sin is a glimpse inside the world of Sinatra Graham. Sinatra is a sensible wife and mother who thinks she's smooth sailing down life's highway when she encounters a pot hole that throws her for a loop. She discovers her husband has been unfaithful add in the stress of three kids pulling her in three different directions, the mayhem of running a beauty shop plus the drama of everyone all up in her business and her cocoon of normalcy shatters immediately. Will Sinatra emerge as her sensible self or has Pandora's box just been opened...

Ella: Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I am Powerful because...I have the ability to think, encourage, create, embrace and inspire .

Ella: Share with us why is it important to celebrate Black History 365 days a year?
It is important to celebrate the achievements of our past and to spread the word of our greatness so those who are unaware will be enlightened.

Ella: Where are you from?How did you start your writing journey?
I was born and raised in San Diego, CA. I began my writing journey as a hobby and a way to express myself as a child. I was bussed as a child so writing was an enjoyable way to pass the time on long bus rides to and from school.

Ella: Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
Two of my main characters are Sinatra and her cousin Berta. I have found from comments from readers that these two are my most popular characters. What I like most about them is that they are easy to identify with and relate to. These two women represent millions of women all over the world. Whether it's a small business owner, struggling single mom, your sister or your cousin my characters will remind you of someone you know or even yourself.

Ella: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
My cover. The woman on my cover could be me, you, a sister, a cousin, a neighbor. She's not heavily made up, super flossy or all dolled up. She looks like a woman with a secret or something on her mind.

Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
Besides being engaged and entertained, I want readers to identify with my characters and see that no matter what you're personally going thru there is a light at the end of the tunnel. One evening after a book signing I had a reader come up to me and tell me that they had recently gone through what Sinatra went through in the book. She told me that she felt like her whole world had come to an end. She was depressed and felt that she was facing one of the darkest hours of her life. After reading my book she realized she wasn't alone. Of course she wasn't the only person on the planet that had experienced an unfaithful spouse but that is how she felt. She said A Little Bit of Sin lifted her spirits and gave her her groove back. That's what I want readers to gain from my book and I appreciated hearing that.

Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
First, decide what you want to do and where you want to go as a writer then my advice to new writers would be to persevere and never give up. I'd also advise new writers to research the business of publishing and to stay in the know as much as possible.

Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
I have three completed manuscripts, including a picture book and a young adult novel, waiting in the wings for publication. I am also working on the sequel to A Little Bit of Sin for future publication.

Ella: Nikki, how may our readers get in contact with you?
Contact Nikki Nicole via her website at www.nikkinicolegc.com
www.myspace.com/thagstands4
www.myspace.com/g_media
http://www.booksbynikkinicolegc.blogspot.com/

Nikki, thank you so much for visiting with the Black Authors Network and EDC Creations. Readers, have you read this book yet? If so, share with us your thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------

Join the Conversation, leave questions or comments below. Each day active bloggers are selected to win free books and prizes, so leave your email address with each post. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below. We appreciate your support, share this post on Facebook and Twitter too. Thanks!