Give the Gift of Knowledge

We have selected amazing books to give as gifts all year long, to populate your home library shelves and to fill those special gift bags. Give the Gift of Knowledge, give a book! You can also read more detailed author interviews at: www.blackpearlsmagazine.com. Share this page on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

Intimate Conversation with Theresa Lewis

Intimate Conversation Interview with Ella Curry of EDC Creations and author Theresa Lewis

Theresa Lewis is the loving wife of George Lewis of thirteen years and the mother of three wonderful children: Tyresha, Zephanasia, and George Lewis Jr. She was born and raised in Oklahoma City, where she resided with her mother and siblings. After graduation Theresa traveled to St. Louis, MO to continue her studies in Business Administration. She later married and moved to Ft. Hood, TX while her husband served on active duty for the U.S. Army.


In 2001, she and her family moved to Louisiana and she graduated with a degree in accounting and had her first book published “Turn Your Tears Into Joy” Through Poetry and Inspirations of Life Lesson. Theresa enjoys writing poetry and inspirational short stories and is working on the completion of her second book “Breaking the Chains of Generational Curses”. She is also currently pursuing her B.S. in Finance in hopes to educate married couples on the importance of financial planning.


Ella: Please finish this sentence- I am powerful because...
I am Powerful because God is the center of my life and because everything that was supposed to destroy my life has actually made me the person that I am today. Life hardships have taught me many great things such as: perseverance, courage, strength, character, hope, and most of all love.


Ella: Introduce us to your book and give us a little peek inside.

“Turn Your Tears Into Joy” Through Poetry & Inspirations of Life Lessons
I was inspired to write this book to touch the lives of people from all walks of life. Turn Your Tears Into Joy, consist of poetry, short stories, and scriptural reference for every day situations. This book addresses thirteen topics such as: Abuse, Marriage, Death, Love, Friendship, and Life etc. Each topic is followed by a uplifting poem and inspirational short story.

Excerpt:
Someone once asked, “What does success mean to me?” I must admit I answered the question without giving it much thought at the time. Now as I meditate on the question and observe my life and the world around me, the answer couldn’t be clearer. Success is embracing who you were created to be, without any regrets of what you were not created to be.

Success is knowing the creator of life and accepting His purpose along with all the challenges that may come. Success is using the power of love on the inside of you to change one life or an entire nation. It is the ability to express your creativity in the presence of fear and in the absence of support.



Success is identifying your strengths as well as your weaknesses and using them to improve your future. Last but not least, success is placing an imprint in someone’s mind and heart of what a loving person you are.

It’s important that you do not measure your success by possessions or great wealth, but by character, honesty, and compassion. Most of all it is important to see yourself through God’s eyes.

Ella: Where are you from? How did you start your writing journey?
I was born and raised in Oklahoma City and I currently reside in Louisiana. I started writing poems and short stories at a young age. As a youth I encountered hardships that I could not openly express to others. I began writing my feelings and experiences in poetry and short stories as a way to escape the pain I was enduring.

Ella: Who are your characters and what do you like most about them?
The main characters in my stories are people of all walks of life: mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers. I write in a way that everyone can relate to the story; whether it is the story of their life or the story of someone that they know personally. What I love most about my
characters is that there is no prejudice. I love that my characters are real and aware that no matter what background they come from that they all experience pain, joy, sadness, love, and hurt just the same as anyone else.

Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
I want readers to gain an understanding that life is a precious gift from God and although they may not understand everything about it; they can still enjoy it. I want readers who have endured intense pain to find healing and forgiveness. I want readers that are on the brink of suicide to know that God loves them and that they can make it through the storm. Most importantly, I want to inspire my readers to look for ways to make a difference in some else's life for the better.

Ella: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?
My most significant achievement as a writer is being afforded the opportunity to inspire and encourage others. I have received positive feedback from readers informing me of how my book
has impacted their lives. I can only be honest when I say that I did it all with God's help, without my heavenly Father, this task would have been impossible.

Ella: Name 3 things that it takes to make a successful author, in your opinion?
The three key essential ingredients to make a successful author consist of: First, knowing your target audience. An author must know how the reader relates to the message they are writing. Second, knowing how to grasp your reader's attention and make them feel if they were in the actual story. It is important to engage the reader in the story from beginning to end and make them not want to put your book down. Thirdly, it is important to know how market your book and get it into the hands of interested readers. What good is it to write a great book if no one knows about it?

Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
I have three more books that I plan to have published over the next few years. I plan to do some inspirational speaking and readings when the opportunity comes available. Upon completion of my finance degree I plan on traveling and
teaching on finance.

Ella: Share with us your latest news, events or upcoming book releases.

I plan to have my latest book completed this summer "Breaking The Chains of Generational Curses". You can check out the book by clicking here.

-----------------------------------------------------
Join the Conversation, leave questions or comments below. Each day active bloggers are selected to win free books and prizes, so leave your email address with each post. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below. We appreciate your support, share this post on Facebook and Twitter too. Thanks!