Give the Gift of Knowledge

We have selected amazing books to give as gifts all year long, to populate your home library shelves and to fill those special gift bags. Give the Gift of Knowledge, give a book! You can also read more detailed author interviews at: www.blackpearlsmagazine.com. Share this page on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

Patricia A. Bridewell Book Release Party

As I sit here thinking about my book release party, I'm astounded that at first I had made up my mind not to have one. Too much of a hassle, nobody will show up, I don't want to seem vain. These thoughts constantly flowed through my mind. As a new author, I felt as if I was trying to squeeze my way into a business where literally no one is guaranteed a large slice of the pie. I wanted a graceful, yet grand slam introduction of my Christian Fiction book, Reflections of a Quiet Storm. The graceful side would introduce readers to the protagonist, Pauline Bridges, and allow them to peek inside the world of a person who lived to serve God and help other people. The other end of the spectrum was the grand slam side. That part would lead the readers into the deep, dark side of her life experiences as the story unfolded.



I've always believed in prayer, and my faith in God has led me through miraculous obstacles in my life. The moment of prayer regarding the book release party was worthwhile. After my prayer, I received peace and tranquility. All of the doubts, questions, and negative thoughts vanished. I knew I had to have the event, and I sent out announcements and made phone calls. I had a wonderful book release party!

Thank you so much to all of my friends, family, colleagues, students, and most of all to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Peace and Blessings,
Patricia A. Bridewell, Author
Reflections of a Quiet Storm
www.patriciabridewell.com
www.edccreationsbooktours.ning.com

-----------
Patricia A. Bridewell is a native of Los Angeles, California. Reading has always had a certain magnetism in her life since childhood. Journaling life experiences as therapy led to her passion for writing. Her notes transcended into the novel, Reflections of a Quiet Storm, to be released by Xpress Yourself Publishing LLC on March 10, 2009. Patricia has multifaceted careers as a registered nurse, adjunct college professor, and CEO of her own company, Bri-John Nursing Services, Inc. She is currently working on her second novel and is a guest writer for two new online magazines-Step Up Sista and Hotlantabuzzonline.com.

-----------
Join the Conversation, leave questions or comments below. Each day active bloggers are selected to win free books and prizes, so leave your email address with each post. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below. We appreciate your support, share this post on Facebook and Twitter too. Thanks!