Give the Gift of Knowledge

We have selected amazing books to give as gifts all year long, to populate your home library shelves and to fill those special gift bags. Give the Gift of Knowledge, give a book! You can also read more detailed author interviews at: www.blackpearlsmagazine.com. Share this page on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

Black Woman Cake...written by a Black Man

Read only if you are mature enough to handle the truth!

Black Woman Cake...written by a Black Man

THERE WERE SPECIAL INGREDIENTS GOD USED IN MAKING A GOOD WOMAN.


I'm making a black woman cake cause I'm hungry as hell. And the sweet tooth
I have only a sista can break the spell. Let me reach into my spice rack to see
What I can get. To make a mix that will stick to my stomach you can bet.

2 cups of intelligence
1 cup of brown sugar
(Cause she's got to be sweet, mental, deep and sound)
Cinnamon is always good to accent the taste
A few cups of culture, so she's down for her race
(You see I won't bite into anything that's not conscious of its own,
that's why I stick to chocolate and leave angel food alone)
I am adding butter cause she must be smooth
2 raisins for the dimples will also be cool
I must add eggs so she can reproduce
(Can't leave her hanging cause I like children too)
I think I'll add a little salt, to balance her out
And a dominant profile, to show she has clout
For a responsible woman, I'll throw in some yeast
(So she'll swell with juices, when I'm ready to feast)
I'll add 7 cups of courage and into the oven to bake
Turn it to 360 degrees, To balance out her mental state.

Now that it's done brothas, I won't share her wealth, but I'm sharing the recipe as I'm consuming this black woman all by myself. Good Black Women are indeed all around us.

We pass them on the streets, in the malls, in captivity behind the walls, and in the hall at work. Most we can't see because we don't know what a good woman really looks like. She usually isn't flashy enough or rich enough to turn our heads. She might not wear a fur coat or push a Lexus. She might not have a "body by Fisher" or a face for "Ebony." But as you mature, you realize it's better to find someone who's got your back than someone who turns your head.

A Good Black Woman doesn't agree whole-heartedly with everything you say. She doesn't just tell you what you want to hear and do the opposite. She doesn't have to declare how sensitive, sweet, caring, sincere, yada, yada, yada, she is (she won't have to...because it shows). She has her own opinions, and you may clash, but she doesn't have to degrade you to prove she's right. She even admits at times to being wrong, especially if you are willing to do the same.

A Good Black Woman is not going to meet every item on your checklist She is human with frailties & faults mixed in with all of her wonderful, sensual attributes. She needs your love & respect. She needs to feel that you don't have to catch her doing something wrong so you can declare "Aha I knew all along" A Good Black Woman doesn't necessarily give you a huge Birthday or Valentine gift. She shows her love in the ways that are comfortable to her. Don't judge her by TV standards. No one is living that Fairy tale--for real.

BLACK WOMEN, we salute you, and thank you for who you are, and all you've done.

Pass this along to some of the "Good Black Women" you know, and a few men that need to read it. This came to me as a forward. Do you know the author of this wonderful message? I would love to meet the writer with this kind of talent.

-----------------------------------------------------

Join the Conversation, leave questions or comments below. Each day active bloggers are selected to win free books and prizes, so leave your email address with each post. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below. We appreciate your support, share this post on Facebook and Twitter too. Thanks!