Give the Gift of Knowledge

We have selected amazing books to give as gifts all year long, to populate your home library shelves and to fill those special gift bags. Give the Gift of Knowledge, give a book! You can also read more detailed author interviews at: www.blackpearlsmagazine.com. Share this page on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

Intimate Conversation with Angelia Vernon Menchan

Intimate Conversation with author and book reviewer Angelia Vernon Menchan

Meet Angelia Vernon Menchan, married thirty years to Maurice, mother of two adult children, Maurice II and Malik, Fiscal Officer for USFWS, mentor and former Job Corps Counselor introduces the world to what she has coined, Ageless, Spiritual Fiction. Born and raised in Ocala Florida, she resides in Jacksonville, Florida. She is also a reviewer for APOOO BookClub and reviews for the Amazon Vine™ Program and Poetic Monthly Magazine. Angelia and Maurice own M.A.m.m. Productions, a small publishing company.

Ella: Angelia, tell us about your passion for writing.
SCHAE'S STORY: A Woman's Transformation, speaks to the change of a whole woman. How her spiritual life, family life, and love life is affected when she makes a transformation. Her decision to live more spritually and to finally blaze her own trails, is met with reluctance by many in her life. However, Schae is resolved to only live the life God means for her to have and on her own terms. Her transformation will not only change her life, but, the life of those around her.

Ella: Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I am powerful because I know who I am, I know I am loved by God and the people in my life and I love them. Most importantly, I own my own madness, my mistakes are on me, and it up to me to change me, and only me. I have learned that the past is over at midnight and every day is a new day.

Ella: Why is it so important to celebrate Black History 365 days a year?
It is important to celebrate Black History 365 days a year because we are living, contributing beings every day. And the impact of Black History is always and never-ending, Blacks are to history as sun is to earth.

Ella: Angelia, where are you from? How did you start your writing journey?
I am from Jacksonville, Florida and I started writing when my youngest son started college. Writing had alway been a dream and passion.

Ella: Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
Schae and Cinnamon are my two main characters. Schae is the woman who has decided to change and Cinnamon is a woman she admires, who was once considered a rival, but is all about the empowerment of women and children. They are both honest, loving, spiritual, flawed women.

Ella: What makes your book stand out for the readers?
The cover and title intrigues people, the subtitle: Can a Gold-Digger Find Her Inner Spirit, has been a conversation starter. And the cross and gold bars on the cover grab attention.

Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
That no matter where you start, or where you are, on any given day through faith, love and self-belief one can start over, transform.
Ella: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?
Learning to sell myself and that every book is not for every reader. Prayer and perseverance! Mostly, paying attention and regrouping as needed.

Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
To stay focused, take constructive criticism, market and know your audience. Also, to always work on your craft.

Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
I am working on my eighth book, Mrs. Black? and am going to publish a couple of other, local authors, this year.

Ella: Share with us your latest news, awards or upcoming book releases.
On January 31, my seventh book and first non-ficton offering will be released, Ramblings:Volume One: A Booked Blog.


Contact Information for author Angelia Vernon Menchan
http://www.angeliavmenchan.com
acvermen@yahoo.com
http://acvermen.blogspot.com


Schae's Story: A Woman's Transformation
NOW AVAILABLE @
http://www.angeliavmenchan.com
SUPPORT BREAST CANCER RESEARCH!
http://acvermen.blogspot.com
Ramblings, Volume I released January 31, 2009
-----------------------------------------------------

Join the Conversation, leave questions or comments below. Each day active bloggers are selected to win free books and prizes, so leave your email address with each post. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below. We appreciate your support, share this post on Facebook and Twitter too. Thanks!