Give the Gift of Knowledge

We have selected amazing books to give as gifts all year long, to populate your home library shelves and to fill those special gift bags. Give the Gift of Knowledge, give a book! You can also read more detailed author interviews at: www.blackpearlsmagazine.com. Share this page on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!

SLS 2009 Online Awards Show: Farewell Poem

FAREWELL
by poet Mozell Flemings


You know…….I’ve never heard an angel sing. Yet I believe they do’
And I imagine that when they sing they sound….. a lot like you.

A soft….. precious sound of joy, to awaken, and please the soul.

A soothing, gentle, and comforting tone. To ward away the cold.

A pleasure just to hear you utter…. any little thing, your voice distinct from all the others…..I hear an angel sing.

The other thing that makes it tight, my high opinion of …..Your ebony hues as rich and smooth and sweet as morning dew.

The shimmy-shiver that your footsteps deliver…… must come from royal decent. I don’t know if I’m correct but…….. Are you heaven sent?

Always a treat to see your ebony beauty, the packaging complete. In the original form that you were born from your head………right down to you feet.

Please don’t discard or take for granite what I say to you. Though I am just an observant traveler…..merely passing through.

Take these words before your eyes and never you despair. As for me compliments come free……Because…. there’s merit there.

Farewell our Nubian Sister farewell.

FAREWELL


Copyright 2009 Mozell Flemings

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Ella,

    Thank you so much for such a beautiful honor. I hate I missed it. The one Sunday I have plans :(

    Thank you for all you do for the literary community. I'm blessed to know you and I know we'll be friends for a many years.

    Keep doing what you do I for one appreciate you and all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments below. We appreciate your support, share this post on Facebook and Twitter too. Thanks!